Here is some important news for anyone who cares about their dental health: gum disease is a principal cause of tooth loss among adults. There is also evidence that it is somehow connected to heart disease. At Gustafson Morningstar Dentistry in Royal Oak, gum disease is preventable and easy to treat if found in its early stages.
Warning signs of gum disease include:
- Gums that bleed frequently
- Gums that appear tender, swollen, or very red, or gums that have visible pus in between them when they are pushed
- Your bite changes or your teeth suddenly don’t seem to fit together
- Gums that are loosening from the teeth
- A bad taste in the mouth or chronic bad breath
The single most important thing you can do to prevent gum disease is to have a good dental health routine. That includes brushing and flossing twice a day, and seeing us for a checkup and cleaning every six months.
At Gustafson Morningstar Dentistry in Royal Oak, we treat gum disease, and take pride in caring for our patients and want them to have a healthy and attractive smile. We offer general and cosmetic dentistry, and treat other serious conditions such as TMD. Make an appointment with us today.
Contact Gustafson Morningstar Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
940 E 11 Mile Rd
Royal Oak, Michigan