Get Beautiful Porcelain Crowns in Royal Oak
Dental crowns are caps that are designed to resemble your natural teeth. When you have particularly damaged teeth, dental crowns are placed over the teeth. Dental crowns can also be used for cosmetic reasons, improving the appearance, shape or alignment of teeth.
There are different types of crowns. Ceramic and porcelain crowns are the ones that can give your teeth a natural look, but they are not the only material that can be used. Metal alloys, gold, and even acrylic can be used to create a tooth crown.
At Gustafson and Morningstar in Royal Oak, we take a conservative approach and tend toward minimally invasive dentistry. This means, wherever appropriate, we will use onlays and inlays instead of crowns. Onlays and inlays allow us to preserve more of the tooth.
Why Would I Choose to Restore My Tooth With a Crown?
- Variety of materials | There are a wide array of materials that can be used to create a crown, including porcelain, ceramics, stainless steel, metals (including gold), and resins.
- Support | Tooth crowns are a great way to support a tooth that has been badly damaged due to decay.
- Protection | If you have a tooth with a severe crack or chip, crowns can help protect that tooth and prevent its loss.
- Appearance | Porcelain crowns can improve the look of your teeth, especially if they are misshapen or discolored.
So, what can I expect?
When you choose to have your tooth restored with a crown or onlay, you can expect: :
- Compassionate Care | During your first visit and examination, we will make sure you’re well taken care of and comfortable. Your dentist will take the time to discuss your options with you and our team will be there for you throughout every step of your crown placement.
- Efficiency | At our practice, we know your time is valuable. We’ll get your crown placed in as few appointments as possible and help you schedule times that are convenient and work with your schedule.
- Accuracy| We’ll craft your crown based on state-of-the-art impressions we’ve made of your teeth. We’ll make sure your crown fits perfectly and blends in well with the rest of your smile.
- Results | We’ll make sure that you’re completely satisfied with your restoration. After your crown is placed, you’ll be able to enjoy full smile functionality again. Each crown looks just like a regular tooth. No one will even be able to tell that you’re wearing a crown!