Porcelain Tooth Crown Restorations
Dental crowns are caps that are designed to resemble your natural teeth. When you have particularly damaged teeth, dental crowns are placed over the teeth. Dental crowns can also be used for cosmetic reasons, improving the appearance, shape or alignment of teeth.
At Gustafson and Morningstar in Royal Oak, we take a conservative approach and tend toward minimally invasive dentistry. This means, wherever appropriate, we will use onlays and inlays instead of crowns. Onlays and inlays allow us to preserve more of the tooth.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
There are different types of crowns. Ceramic and porcelain crowns are the ones that can give your teeth a natural look, but they are not the only material that can be used. Metal alloys, gold, and even acrylic can be used to create a tooth crown. Here are some of the benefits dental crowns have to offer:
- Variety of materials | There are a wide array of materials that can be used to create a crown, including porcelain, ceramics, stainless steel, metals (including gold), and resins.
- Support | Tooth crowns are a great way to support a tooth that has been badly damaged due to decay.
- Protection | If you have a tooth with a severe crack or chip, crowns can help protect that tooth and prevent its loss.
- Appearance | Porcelain crowns can improve the look of your teeth, especially if they are misshapen or discolored.
My family and I have been patients at Gustafson Morningstar Dentistry for decades and we have been very pleased with their services. They are always up to date on the Best Dental practices and have a very clean office. Recently, my front tooth chipped and Dr Gustafson replaced it with a new crown. Now, when I smile, I don’t look like a pumpkin.
I am very pleased with my new tooth and smile.
Same Day Dental Crowns
At Gustafson Morningstar Dentistry we can provide custom-made dental crowns in a single visit to our office. After taking a 3D image of your teeth we can create a new crown that will exactly match your surrounding teeth both in shape and color. The process only takes a single visit to our office in Royal Oak, MI and you will be on your way with a new smile.
Fast Crown Production
With the 3D image and chairside mill technology you can truly have a new crown the same day you come in to our office. We recently replaced a dental crown for a patient who was also receiving Invisalign treatment. With our advanced technology we were able to create an exact replica of the damaged tooth in just a few hours while the patient waited. The new crown fit perfectly into the surrounding teeth and no modifications were needed to the patient's Invisalign aligners.
Dental Crown Process
When you choose to have your tooth restored with a crown or onlay, you can expect: :
- Compassionate Care | During your first visit and examination, we will make sure you're well taken care of and comfortable. Your dentist will take the time to discuss your options with you and our team will be there for you throughout every step of your crown placement.
- Efficiency | At our practice, we know your time is valuable. We'll get your crown placed in as few appointments as possible and help you schedule times that are convenient and work with your schedule.
- Accuracy| We'll craft your crown based on state-of-the-art impressions we've made of your teeth. We'll make sure your crown fits perfectly and blends in well with the rest of your smile.
- Results | We'll make sure that you're completely satisfied with your restoration. After your crown is placed, you'll be able to enjoy full smile functionality again. Each crown looks just like a regular tooth. No one will even be able to tell that you're wearing a crown!