You’ve probably heard of x-rays before, maybe even had one taken. Digital x-ray (or, radiography) is a high-tech replacement for traditional x-rays. No longer do you have to wait for the film to develop. Digital x-rays use digital sensors that are connected to a computer, and after the images are taken, they are immediately available for your dentist to view. Other benefits of digital x-rays include:
- Less radiation | The equipment uses up-to 90 percent less radiation than traditional methods.
- Less time in office | Since you don’t have to wait for film to develop, you can be done with your visit much quicker.
- Better images | Once taken, the pictures can be made bigger, for a clearer, more detailed view of the tooth’s structure. This also makes it much easier for you and the dentist to see the images and discuss them.
- Easier transfer of records | The images taken can be emailed to a specialist immediately upon request, saving time, and avoiding the hassle of carrying around the traditional film images. They can also be sent electronically to insurance companies, which may help your claims get processed quicker.
An intraoral camera allows you to see what we see. Fractures, cavities, and more can be shown to you utilizing this small, lightweight camera. The cameras connect to a monitor, which shows a magnified image so you can see what is going on with your teeth.
The DIAGNOdent® microscope is a revolutionary tool that allows us to see even the smallest area of tooth decay. This tool allows us to more quickly and efficiently identify pit and fissure cavities that might not be as easily detected with an x-ray. Think of this as a supplement to your digital x-rays, not an alternative or a replacement.
Soft Tissue Laser
Also known as diode lasers, soft tissue lasers are ideal for the cutting and contouring of soft tissue. Benefits include elimination of bleeding at the site of the cut and a sped up healing process. Other uses:
- Treating periodontal disease
- Tooth whitening
- And more!
iTero Intraoral Scanner
This scanner allows us to create high definition 3D images and impressions. With this precise technology, we can design the perfect restoration for your smile. iTero can make intraoral scanning more fun for the patient and provide greater health, fit, and comfort benefits.