Restorative dentistry is focused on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of dental issues that affect your teeth, gums, jaw, and face. Many of the techniques and treatments used in restorative dentistry overlap with cosmetic and general dentistry.
Restorative Dentistry Services
Gustafson Morningstar Dentistry is proud to offer a wide variety of restorative dentistry services. If you’ve got a restorative dentistry need, we can help. Below is a summary of some of the restorative dentistry services we offer:
- Dental Implant | If you have missing teeth, dental implants, bridges, and full and partial dentures can be used to replace them and prevent further bone loss.
- Root Canals and Extractions | Depending on the damage a tooth has received, we will either attempt to save it by performing a root canal, or extract it before it can cause further issues.
- Dental Fillings | If you have a cavity, once the bacteria has been dealt with, we can fill the cavity to protect the root and prevent further damage to the tooth. The filling can be metal or a resin that matches your teeth color.
- Dental Crowns | When you have particularly damaged teeth, dental crowns (or caps) are placed over the teeth. The caps are designed to resemble your natural teeth.
- Dental Bridge | When replacing a missing tooth, or many teeth, a bridge can be used. In combination with dental implants, these bridges can fit securely in your mouth.
- Dentures and Partials | Like the bridge, dentures and partials can be secured to your gums using dental implants.
The main goal of restorative dentistry is to prevent as much tooth loss as possible. Because a missing tooth can lead to bone loss, which also contributes to a prematurely aged look, it’s important to address any issue quickly. The longer a missing tooth goes un-addressed, the greater the damage caused to your mouth.
“As a person who experiences extreme anxiety around anything ‘dentist’, I highly recommend this dental practice. Dr. Gustafson is kind and compassionate and understanding. I will be back!”
-Jennifer, Patient of Gustafson Morningstar Dentistry