Teeth whitening is a procedure that uses a safe chemical treatment to help you achieve a noticeably whiter smile.
Teeth that are discolored or stained due to tobacco, caffeine and the use of certain medications can be improved through this process so that you can have the white teeth you’ve always wanted.
Schedule your appointment today with our Royal Oak dentists.
Common Questions About Teeth Whitening
What Causes Tooth Discoloration?
Tooth discoloration occurs over the years as our enamel deteriorates. The wearing down of enamel allows dentin, a yellow-colored substance comprising the core of our teeth, to be revealed. Teeth whitening allows a return to white teeth through the use of bleach.
Why Might I Whiten My Teeth?
- Higher Confidence Levels | A white smile can improve your confidence!
- A More Beautiful You | The way your teeth look have a direct impact on your general appearance and attractiveness.
- Minimize Appearance of Aging | White teeth come with a more youthful appearance. In fact, it tends to make you look younger and more energetic.
- Increased Business | A boost in self-esteem can lead to a boost in your work performance and attracts people, and customers, your way!
What is the Tooth Whitening Process Like?
The tooth whitening process is fairly simple. Here at Gustafson Morningstar Dentistry, we only offer take-home whitening. First we will create a custom mouthpiece. This is to make sure that your teeth receive the correct amount of whitening solution. Next you will use one of the following whitening products:
- Opalescence® | This gel comes in multiple flavors and four different concentrations. It can be used for as little as 30 minutes or overnight, depending on the results you’re looking to achieve.
- DayWhite® Excel | This gel comes with a syringe, to give you better control over the amount of gel you use. It also has a cool mint flavor and can be used for 15 – 30 minutes a day, twice a day, for 10-14 days.
- NiteWhite® | This gel is specifically formulated for longer wear. It can be used overnight or for 2-4 hours daily for two weeks.
Want White Teeth? Schedule a Tooth Whitening in Royal Oak!
Our dentists in Royal Oak will guide you and oversee your tooth whitening process. We will monitor your progress and make sure your teeth are responding adequately to the process. We will also make sure the procedure isn’t irritating your gums.