Teeth Cleanings, Dental Fillings, and More in Royal Oak
General dentistry focuses on services that are related to the general care of your oral hygiene and your tooth health. It’s also geared toward prevention of disease. This is the category that your regular six-month teeth cleaning falls under.
With 65 percent of all dental procedures being either diagnostic or preventative care, a general dentist is probably the one you’re most familiar with. If you’re looking for dental fillings, teeth cleaning, oral cancer screening, help with bad breath, and a discussion about your dental health, you’re going to want to see one of our general dentists here at Gustafson Morningstar Dentistry in Royal Oak.
Our General Dentistry Services:
Gustafson Morningstar Dentistry is proud to offer a wide variety of general dentistry services. If you’ve got a general dentistry need, we can help. Below is a summary of some of the general dentistry services we offer:
- Preventative Care | These services focus on helping you maintain good oral health by preventing disease. You can expect regular exams and the use of diagnostic tools, such as x-rays.
- Dental Fillings | Fillings help to restore damaged teeth back to their normal shape and function. We’ll remove decayed tooth material, clean the area, and fill it with the filling material.
- Teeth Cleaning | We remove plaque, tartar, and stains before applying fluoride and sealants. Next we polish teeth, including fillings and crowns. Also important, we provide oral cancer examination.
- Bad Breath | We examine you for the reasons behind the bad breath, to determine if the issue stems from what you’re eating, your oral hygiene, gum disease, or another disease or illness.
- Root Canals and Extractions | We can perform a root canal treatment on teeth that are badly damaged or infected, as a way to repair and save them. Alternately, we can perform an extraction, which we do in cases where the tooth cannot be saved. An example of this is when a large cavity compromises the structure of your tooth, thus making it too weak to repair.